Monday, November 8, 2010

White On White

I had to create two white on white bookmarks for a swap with one of my Yahoo groups, Art For The Creative Mind. I jumped on the bandwagon for this swap as I thought it would be such fun and easy. Oh was I wrong! First of all, I love texture. You cannot texture a bookmark or it won't fit well in your book. And white on white? Oh boy. Not as easy as I thought. I always like to personalize my swaps as best I can so this is for Linda.


That one was fun to make. When I ventured on to bookmark two, I was stumped! Silver counts as white kinda doesn't it? Yep, she says.


Now I have 12 calendar pages to do for the month of July. I had my pages all set until I realized Canadians don't celebrate the 4th of July. But they do have Canada Day on July 1st so perhaps I can incorporate that in some way. I think four or five in my group are Canadian. I also have my ATC and Altered Book Clubs this weekend. ATC's are a Fall theme - easy. The book this month is Alice in Wonderland. That should be fun also. I love when I have creative commitments. It's a wonderful excuse to just sit and be creative. Hmmm, do I have to have an excuse?

2 comments:

Diane said...

These are very cool Joyce--love that texture!

Suzanne said...

I think your bookmarks are beautiful. However, it doesn't sound like you've decreased the amount of swaps you're doing!