Friday, November 5, 2010

Roy G. Biv

I recently participated in a fun swap entitled, "Roy G. Biv" - which is a rainbow swap. We could use any theme we wanted with the only criteria being that each piece predominately reflect one of each color of the rainbow, a.k.a., Roy G. Biv - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. I felt like I wanted my seven pieces to all be the same size, so I cut 4x4 squares from nice watercolor paper. The theme I chose was Mona Lisa. I love that painting and I wanted to show how different she could look when highlighted by distinctive colors.


The background of each card was a super-fun process I learned from my art buddy, Suzanne. We put several sheets of crumpled-up white tissue paper on white plastic kitchen garbage bags on the patio. We spritzed each with water to dampen the tissue. We filled little paper cups with some Golden Fluid Acryllic paints in various colors and splattered two or three colors randomly over the tissue. We let dry overnight. This is the result.

I've been dying to use these papers and I was thrilled with the way my Mona Lisa cards came out.
Red Hot . . .

Orange you glad I didn't say banana . . .

Walkin' on sunshine . . .

Green with envy . . .

The deep blue sea . . .

Her eyes were as blue as the sea . . .

Purple with a purpose . . .

I wish I could've kept them. I love the way they turned out. Guess I have to make more!!

4 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Joyce, any friend of Debs is a friend of mine! I do every craft, but very little paper crafting. I am so in awe of people that do. These are beautiful!

Carol

Sherri said...

Joyce, just beautiful! You will have to make some more!

Sandy said...

You come up with the craziest things. I love these!

Suzanne said...

Those are great! Don't you know, you always make extras for yourself? I'm so mad at myself when I don't. We give away too much of our art.