Sunday, November 21, 2010

Art Clubs

If it's the third Sunday of the month, it's time for ATC and Altered Book Club. I had an incredibly difficult time coming up with something worth anything for the Altered Book Club this month. The book I had to work on was "Alice in Wonderland". I don't know why it was so difficult for me, but it was. I stressed and stressed all month long and just could not get inspired by any image I saw. My clubs met at 2pm today and I finally was inspired by something at 11am!!! Talk about cutting it close, huh? Well, I told the group that Alice helped me because that's how it looked. I'm so hard on myself sometimes, but rightfully so. When all else fails, add trims. They can spruce up anything!!


I had fun making my ATC's this month. I used alcohol inks on white glossy paper for a marbled effect. I like the way it turned out.



Here are some of the other ATC's for November.



It's always interesting to see the different ways we interpret a theme. I love getting together with this group of women. This is our seventh month together and we are really getting to know each other and have fun together. We only meet once a month and I think we were all nervous at first sharing our work, but we've learned so much from each other and there is nothing like getting like-minded souls together to share their creativity. It was fun!

1 comment:

Kay said...

And it's so much fun to see all the beautiful creations!