Friday, November 12, 2010

Do What You Love

Had a nice time tonight celebrating a friends birthday. A group of us met at a small restaurant for some good conversation and good food. It was a great way to end a busy week. It's nice talking to different people, finding out what they do and how well they like it. You can find out a lot in just a few minutes with people. I love that. It's so interesting.

It's funny how our careers come to be. I got lucky by getting into the human resources field. Someone encouraged me and someone gave me a chance. I worked hard to prove myself. I've always been good with people. I can talk to strangers and depart as good friends. We all have talents. I wonder how many people are spending their time doing what they are best at. You can certainly tell by talking to people if they are happy in their shoes. Peace and contentment comes from within and jumps out for all to see. Make it worth it.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Joyce, I'm so glad you could join me for dinner! Next time, we'll make it more intimate and we can catch up more. I'm so glad you're my friend!