Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Notable Books

I belong to a Book Club. I've been participating for several years now, but unfortunately do not always read the monthly selection. I buy it, but I don't always get around to reading it. I know that is not a fine attribute of a book club member, but I really despise taking my precious time to read a book that I detest. I know, a poor book club member.


A couple of months ago we had a book to read that was superb. Girl In Translation, by Jean Kwok, was excellent. It is about a mother and her young daughter immigrating to the United States and the trials and tribulations they endure. Please take a moment to check out this book because it was an excellent read and it offered great opportunities for discussion.



Our book for this month is, "The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption". So far, so good. I would imagine that book will offer some interesting discussions.



What are you reading?

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm reading nothing but books related to trees, being an arborist etc. The ANSI book is real interesting, I fall asleep every time I get through a page or two. I do enjoy my tree books though. I have learned so much over the last few years.

I love a good novel, maybe in January I'll have time to read one.