Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday



I am thankful for all of the childhood traditions and memories that my mother and father made happen so that I may pass them on to my own children. I am so enjoying each and every moment of raising my children and we all know that all too soon it is over. Kids are usually eager to get on with their own lives and do their own things, but these times now are so very special to me and I will cherish them forever. It just makes me think of how this time was so very special for my mother and father and that raising their children was one of the highlights of their lives. I have a multitude of happy memories from my childhood and traditions of holidays, birthdays and everyday life that I hold so very dear. Many of these I have brought into my own childrens lives and I hope that even though they are running here and there as they find their way in this world, I hope that these are the times of their lives that they will always remember and take with them wherever they go.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Joyce, what a sweet post! Your kids are very lucky to have you for a mom. I am blessed to have had a very happy childhood and wonderful memories too. Thank you for reminding me...

Have a happy Thursday, Chris

Jane O' said...

I'm sure your children are thankful for having you as a parent. It sounds like you are putting a lot into the job, and even though it is very difficult at times, it truly pays off.
For the record, it is never over with. We are still creating memories even though my girls are grown and married. The first time they invited me to dinner at their house, the first time we stayed overnight at their new house, or we all went on a weekend vacation together, sitting around a campfire with adult children and watching them relate to each other instead of fighting over a hairbrush, wahtching their closeness grow and the bickering disappear, and on and on. You'll have many thankful days ahead of youm because you are a wonderful parent.

Unknown said...

Remembering childhood memories and being thankful for what your parents gave to you is so special. Handing down traditions to your own children...these are so meaningful, especially today. Happy Thankful Thursday. Karen

Tracy said...

Hi, Joyce! What tender-heart post! what a happy family your have--love seeing all the photo you share here. The foundation of family is so important, a huge blessing in life. Hubby & I aren't blessed with your own children (fur-baby, is our cat ;o) but are part of a strong family network on all sides, that keeps growing stronger. So much to be thankful for in a family! Happy Day ((HUGS))

Mother Nature said...

Joyce,
Nothing can be better than a legacy of happy memories.
Donna

Hope Go Blue said...

What a beautiful "thankful" day. You have certainly created wonderful memories for your family and your friends in all the special things you do. I am sure that Logan and Rachel will truly appreciate the continuing love and support you've shown for them as they grow and as they have their own families. I'm thankful for you. HJB xo

Connie said...

You are one blog I'm not weeding out and I CAN'T BELIEVE I BEAT RACHEL AGAIN TO THE POSTS!!!! Woooohoooooo, chickadee!!!!!!! hah.
Smoochies,
Connie

rachel said...

aw, i am enjoying my childhood emmensely. <--hope that's spelled right! (;
you are so sweet and you always think of fun memories i will keep forever. i love you and every second we spend together <3

rachel said...

COOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Joyce , your children are lucky to have you for their mom .
Thank you for the sweet comment today.