Sunday, August 24, 2008

A New Addition To Our Family



Meet Bella. She is Rachel's new puppy. We got Bella from a friend around 2pm today and here is Rachel with Bella on her first car ride. We think she's the cutest little thing! She is part Shihtzu and part Lhasa Apso. Bella is only about four weeks old and really should not be away from her mother, but her mother was hurt and is unable to care for her puppies. I am a little nervous about having such a young pup away from her mom, but under the circumstances, I think we will be able to provide for her better than her mom right now. We have puppy formula, a puppy bottle and a dropper. She has been eating well. She sleeps a lot, of course, and just loves to be held. Lacie is very curious as to what this new little creature is doing in her home, but she has been very gentle when allowed to come near for a little sniff.




Life will be interesting around our house for the next few days, weeks and months. It's such fun training a new puppy. Fortunately that will be Rachel's job. I plan to bring Bella to work with me for the next few days, though, because I really don't want to leave her home alone for so many hours. I am blessed with a job where I can do that.

We will certainly be sharing pix of Bella as she grows up and gets to know her sister, Lacie, better. We'll keep them separated for as long as necessary. I want to be certain Lacie knows that Bella is not a new toy to play with, but rather a new little companion to nurture and snuggle with. Welcome Bella! We're so happy to welcome you to our family!!


16 comments:

rachel said...

thankyouthankyouthankyou!
i never thought we would ever get a puppy! i am so thankful and she is just precious. i love her to pieces and shes my baby bella boo! lol i love her and you!
that rhymes! heh, im a poet and i didn't even know it!

see connie, im catching up again, i beat you i beat you! na na na na boo boo! (:

Whitney said...

this is the cutest little thing i have ever seen!! I can't wait to meet her!!! she is a great addition to your family and I know that you guys will love her to death!!! love you and miss you!!!

Connie said...

Rachel th' bratski!!! Hah....oh, she is sooooooo cute! I'm not gonna even show hubs as he'll want one then...I'm sure Rachel chick will take good care of her. ;-)
Smoochies,
Connie

Mare said...

I hopped over from Kay's site and enjoyed your post. Lucky Bella and lucky you! And she does look like a little play toy compared to the other dog. Have fun with the new addition!

Anonymous said...

This puppy is gorgeous!! Rachel will enjoy her and so will you. I would love to take one but my Bailey is way to attached to me. Bailey fights with Ayden for my attention now, imagine a new puppy.
Keep me posted on her "New Surroundings" I can not get over that cuddly face.....

Rue said...

Hi Joyce :)

What a sweet little face!!! She's so tiny! Congratulations Rachel :)

rue

Kay said...

Oh my, Bella is the cutest little puppy I've ever seen. I thought she was a stuffed animal at first. Rachel is cute, too! :-)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joyce!
Bella is absolutely precious! What a sweet little ball of fluff! You have quite an undertaking with her being so young, she's blessed to have you as her new family. Lacey will be so happy to have a buddy one of these days. Bella will keep Lacey young longer!
Have a great week with that puppy!
Hugs, Sherry

Junie Moon said...

What a sweet little pup. Bella is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, my heart is melting after seeing the pictures of Bella. How adorable!!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Glenda said...

Oh, how cute.

It's sad the mommy dog isn't able to take care of her. I hope she'll do well. Make sure she's warm and feed often.

Can't wait to see her progress.

Ciao

storyteller said...

Aw ... what a QT ;--)
She should be a wonderful addition to your family ... though you're going to be BUSY for a while with this little one I suspect.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Oh, how cute. I had a dog with that mix, and she was such a great dog, and so pretty too. Lots of luck with your new puppy. Karen

Anonymous said...

She is soooo cute! You certainly have a lovely project in your hands and how lucky you are to be able to take her in to work with you too. With all this extra care and attention she is getting right from being this young, she is going to be a little Bella baby for you forever...she's going to just be so into all this extra love. How sweet and Rachel is just stepping in to do the training.

Have a lovely day.
Judi

Michele said...

I stumbled on your blog..can't remember how, but wanted to stop by and say 'hi'. I bookmarked you so that I can swing by and see what's cooking.

That little Bella is toooo cute...what a precious little one!

Hugz
Michele

rivergardenstudio said...

What a beautiful little puppy. She has a wonderful home with your family! Roxanne