Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Today I am thankful for my daughter, Rachel. My son, Logan, used to tease me saying that I liked Rachel better because she is the girl I always wanted. As any mother knows, we love our children deeply and completely, but loving one more than the other? Nah. Our children are different and we love them for who they are. I did always want a daughter. I have always had such a wonderful relationship with my mother and I wanted the same thing for myself. I couldn't have been more blessed.






Rachel is my girl. I love her so very much, but I also like the person she has become. She is very bright and puts so very much of herself into everything she does. She is kind and compassionate and truly cares about the feelings of others. She would never say anything hurtful or unkind to anyone - well maybe her brother, but that doesn't count. Her teachers have always told me that they would love to have 100 students like Rachel - that she is such a pleasure to have in class. They say she is always happy and upbeat and never complains about anything. She will happily assist with things and they know she is trustworthy. Truly warmed the cockles of my heart to hear those wonderful comments.






Rachel feeds practically every duck in our neighborhood, refuses to kill an ant - would rather pick them up and put them outside. She volunteers with the Animal Rescue League, our church, is a great soccer player and excels at track. She has many interests and is such fun to be with. She is not like many teens her age in that she loves to be with me and wants to be sure we do things that I enjoy also, rather than everything that she wants to do or see. She appreciates the things she gets and takes good care of her things and even empties the dishwasher without me asking.






My life is easier because of Rachel. My life is more pleasant because of Rachel. My time off is more fun because of Rachel. My pride is insurmountable because of Rachel. She is truly the best daughter a mom could ever ask for and I thank God for sharing her with me.

Thank you Rhondi for hosting this event!! www.rhondisrosecoloredglasses.blogspot.com.




7 comments:

Connie said...

I believe you got a special little spirit when you got Rachel! Maybe that's why we hit it off so well because she's so happy and so am I!! But I KNOW she is one unique little teen chick and will someday find a handsome prince to marry her. I'm am bawling while reading your post, sweetpea. What a divine tribute to your daughter........
Smoochies to both,
Connie

And I beat Rachel!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

rachel said...

Sweet sweet mother of mine. you are so amazing. i love you with all my heart. this was so nice and just put a chill through me. i am thankful for you as well. i don't know what i would ever do with out you, you are my true hero and role model. you are so genuine and are so special to me. i love you with all my heart.

you didn't beat me by much connie! im second!! (:

Rhondi said...

Hi Joyce.

What a lovely post about your daughter. She sounds like a wonderful person. THe apple doesn't fall far from the tree I suspect :)
We have 3 sons and one daughter so I am very thankful for my daughter too.
Hugs, Rhondi

Tom said...

Excellent post... one of the nicest things I've read.. these words and Rachels replies are family jewels to be treasured...
Tom

Mother Nature said...

Your post moved me to tears because my daughter's name is Rachel and they are very similar.

Anonymous said...

Joyce you really do have a wonderful daughter.How many kids her age want to Hang with mom like
she does. Rachel Loves you and is so proud of you. You can tell by her posting as well as yours..She is right, Your a special person and I believe she is following your foot steps..

MeMeMe said...

Dear Joyce, thank you for your visit!

It is touching to read your post about Rachel. It makes me think of my mom. I'm turning 40 in January but somehow I still feel like a teenager when i think of her and my Dad.