Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Valentine Tags

I have never made tags before. I actually never even knew about them. But . . . I am in love with making tags!! I heard about them when browsing blogs. Karla's Cottage is hosting a Valentine Tag Swap and while I did not participate, I have been inspired to create some of my own. I am going to make a book of six tags, so I am not yet finished, but I am so excited and wanted to share my newest creation. Now remember this is my first time making tags, but I don't think they're too bad. These will be for my mother for Valentine's Day. As she is my sweet mother, she loves anything I do - ah, there is nothing like a mother's love.

Here are the fronts . . .


And here are the backs . . .


I need to put holes in the top as I covered those up and I need to finish two more, but I am very happy with my results. What I really enjoy about this new craft is that you can be as creative as you want in the relatively small space you have to work with. I need to find additional embellishments, but I had such fun with what I had on hand. I will share the finished product, hopefully tomorrow night.

15 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh, you crafty woman you. They look great. Don't you love it when it all come together ?

Ciao

said...

How lovely Joyce! It will be hard to part with those. :o)

I have a little "something" for you in today's post. ;o)

Connie said...

Aren't they fun to make. I love doing them, but I don't do many, chickee.

Hah.....I be Ms. Rachel today.....

Smooches to her and you,
Connie

Gratitude Gal said...

How pretty! Have fun with this!

rachel said...

oh you forgot to tell about your stabbing! ouch, that really hurt ):
your tags came out really pretty, i can't wait to see the beautifully finished project! <3

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joyce!

Great job on the tags! They turned out beautiful. It's so fun to try different things and be creative.

Good job on not gaining! Sometimes that's half the battle, to NOT gain! It's such a struggle but I'm starting to feel better. I know it's going to be a long road to get back to what I think is a healthy weight for me but it WILL be worth it! WE can do it!!

Hugs, sherry

Michele said...

Oh Joyce ~ they're beautiful. You're so very crafty! I love making tags too!

Have a great weekend!
Hugz,
Michele

Sherri said...

Joyce, they are wonderful! Keep up the good work!

Jayme said...

Love your pretty tags! Aren't they fun? I like using up the little bits and pieces to make tags. Thanks for checking up on me - I've been a lazy blogger, but not a lazy crafter. Can't wait to mail your package off. It's almost done!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Wow great job...just beautiful...very creative....I have always wanted to try and do tags....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Love your blog and sweetie pie dogs! Sweet tags! Enjoyed my visit!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Joanne Kennedy said...

I think your tags are lovely. You would never know they were your first ones.

How are you coming along on your A BETTER ME? I'm just checking in on my gals. If you need anything don't forget I'm here for you.

Hugs,
Joanne

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It's amazing what we CAN do when we try and your tags are perfect:)
Have FUN you little "tag Queen".
Warmly,
Deb

Anonymous said...

JOYCE,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BANNER FOR YOUR BLOG...LOVE IT.
I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG WHILE VISITING BLOGS. I AM NEW TO THE BLOGGING WORLD BUT HAVE MET SOME AWESOME WOMEN.
LITTLE LADY LACIE IS JUST A BEAUTIFUL GIRL.
LITTLE BABY BELLA...IS BELLA A SHEEP DOG???? I DON'T KNOW SHE JUST REMINDS ME OF ONE ALTHOUGH SHE IS QUITE SMALL IF SHE WAS A SHEEP DOG.
YOUR VALENTINE TAGS ARE BEAUTIFUL...HOW HAPPY YOUR MOTHER WILL BE.
I WOULD BE HONORED IF YOU STOPPED BY MY HUMBLE BLOG.
debbie

Kay said...

I like the idea of being creative in a small space. You're inspiring me. I just have to try to hold this feeling until I get back to Hawaii.