Sunday, January 2, 2011

Determination

That's my word for 2011. I love words. They have so many meanings and the interpretation is all in the ears of the beholder. Last years word turned out to be "adaptability". Lots of things went wrong in 2010 but you've got to adapt and keep on going or it will suck you up and spit you out and that's not gonna happen to me. So after making it through the trials and tribulations of 2010, I'm determined to reach some goals in 2011.



I was inspired by a fellow bloggers post stating that she achieved all three of the goals she set for herself in 2010. I did not achieve any because I had to adapt to the changing times . . . and yes, I know that's just an excuse.

In 2011 I plan to be determined in all that I do. I must, once and for all, lose weight. I used to be a cute, skinny little chickee. In my minds eye, I'm still that person. Everyone else needs to know that now. I want to ride my bike more often. I bought it for a reason. It's a beautiful bike. I need to lose weight so I need to add exercise to this list. I want to spend more time making art. I want to read more. I want to not be such a great procrastinator. There you have it. My goals for 2011. Determination. Remember it. Live it.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Oh gosh! I need to be determined, too. I've let exercise go since I caught that terrible cold in November. I'm back to myself now but can't get myself to walk. I'll try to remember your word. Here I go, 2011!

Happy New Year, Joyce!

Sandy said...

Good for you! I think I'll borrow the word adaptation from you though. That's what I need. Let's lose that weight together. Starting today, right now! Set our goals for spring, we'll unveil on St. Patricks day. 20 lbs. Can you do it? That is assuming you have 20 lbs you can lose? Shame on me for guessing that you do. If you need to lose less, than we'll go for less. But 20 lbs, would make me much healthier.

Kelly said...

Great goals Joyce! I need to do the ame!! :D