Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Day to Play

What a great Saturday! I started the day with a cup of tea on the patio, enjoying the cool morning breezes. Had lots of fun at my favorite scrapbooking store making three more of the Tim Holtz Christmas tags that I mentioned in yesterday's post. Here are all four . . .



These tags were such fun to make. There are two more that I plan to make tomorrow. It actually was quite enjoyable to make a Christmas item now, after the fact. It was so much more relaxing to just sit and play without having to worry about getting it done in time. I must remember this.

I've been faithful about devoting ten minutes daily to the Art Journal Every Day project. It's all a work in progress, but that's the idea. Here are some of the pages I'm working on. Remember I'm no pro, but I am having fun.

I know I'm probably not supposed to use scrapbooking diecuts, but I really like this vintage-looking little boy.

Had to add some zentangles. They are such fun to do. I'm really liking pink and turquoise lately.


I find it interesting that I have so many different ideas floating around in my head of journal pages I'd like to do. When I was out walking my dogs this afternoon, I was thinking that I would like to look like my shadow when the sun is behind me. What an interesting journal page that thought would be. In light of that thought, I went for a nice, long bicycle ride today and enjoyed it immensely. It was a good day.

10 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Happy New Year dear Joyce!! Love Tim Holtz projects and "stuff"!! It's fabulous isn't it?? The tags are great. I've never heard of Perfect Pearl Mist... I have to check that out.

Blessings to you and yours, Sherry

PS love the daily art journal - what a great idea

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Joyce,
Great tags! I'm working on Valentine ones. I want to just to DO that instead of anything else lately!
Warmly,
deb

Suzanne said...

That's so true about being free to create when you don't have deadlines. Maybe we should get together over the summer and make homemade Christmas cards. Do you think we'd be inspired?

Love the journal pages, but not sure what you mean about not using diecuts. I think anything goes! I'm glad you're having fun with it.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Joyce, I loved reading your post about the tea on the patio,walking the dogs and going for a long bicycle ride.We had 10 inches of snow when I got up this morning !! I am not a snow person, yuck !
Love your tags !

Kay said...

I love those tags! You are so creative Joyce! I am having a hard time keeping up with my regular journal.

Willa said...

Wow inspiring!

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year to you and yours. I enjoyed seeing your projects. They are beautiful and one can tell that lots of love has gone into them. Take care!

Sandy said...

I love those tags Joyce. That must have been so much fun to do. I love that you're doing them after Christmas, it inspires me to start thinking now for next Christmas.

milkcan said...

Hooray for your gorgeous art journal pages! Love them! And I'm so glad that you're participating in Art Journal Every Day!

Believer's Blog said...

Love these!