Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Could It Be?


There's a last time for everything, though many times we don't realize at the time that it could be the last time. I'm weird and sometimes I think about stuff like that. I did not know last Christmas in 2009 that it would be the last Christmas I would be spending with my sister living next door to me. How sad that would've been! Would we have cherished the moments more?

My son has a girlfriend that he really likes. He's not home much anymore, which is sad in a way. I know that is how life goes, but that doesn't make it less sad. I'm not ready for my chicks to leave the nest just yet but I guess I don't get to pick the time, do I? If I did, I probably would've picked age 16 or 17, but now that he's pushing 21, he's sweet again and I really like having him around.

So my point is . . . could this have been the last Christmas with him home with me? I surely hope not. But if it was, I had fun and I will cherish the moments . . . just in case.

4 comments:

Karena said...

Joyce more than ever it is so important to treasure each moment and experience!Your post reminded me of that!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kay said...

I DO miss having my children and grandchildren with us. But now they have their own lives. I'm used to it... sort of. Do we ever get used to it?

Decor To Adore said...

It is not such a bad way to keep things in perspective and treasure the little things.

I have to say I am absolutely thrilled that you will be joining me on the carriage ride destined for Royal Wedding Wednesdays. When I hit the "publish" button I had a momentary feeling of panic that my post would be met with only the sound crickets chirping. It has been quite the opposite, so much so that I feel we have a kindred spirit/sisterhood sorority.

Here's to fairytales!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I wanted to say thanks so much for your visit and then i saw this post. Both of my sons moved out within the same year leaving us "Empty Nesters" . this was our second Christmas without them living at home and even though they are basically 5 minutes down the road from me, I enjoyed these last 2 Christmas's more than ever. They came for dinner and stayed to talk and laugh and enjoy one another's company. I could tell that they truly appreciated "coming home". So don't be too sad about it....

Hugs,
Debbie