Monday, February 9, 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That

Isn't this pretty? This is my favorite treasure from the Vintage Valentine Swap that Dolly hosted. Jayme made so many beautiful things for me. She blew me away with her awesome crafting skills. I have to give Jayme credit for this photo. Her picture turned out so much better than mine. I kept getting a glare, but this photo really shows the beauty and hard work that went in to making this. Isn't this gorgeous?

Here is a better picture of the tussies, courtesy of Jayme. Jayme and her daughter, Chloe, made these tussies for me and Rachel. We loved them as they were filled with interesting little treats. This having been our first swap, was such fun and we were truly blessed with outstanding swap partners. I'll show more of our goodies each day this week. It was such fun!! Aren't these tussies the best?!!

I bought new cookware at Christmastime and it's been sitting on my kitchen counter because I refused to put new cookware in a yucky cabinet. So, on Sunday I painted the interior. I chose red, raspberry actually. It's the same as the color in my powder room. I love it!!! I also put this cute contact paper down. Logan thinks it looks tacky, but I go into that cabinet more often than he does, and I like the cheery look. Here it is empty . . .

And try as I might to weed out, it still looks too full to me, but I use and need it all. And this is only half the cabinet. I love the way it turned out.
Just wanted to share a couple of pictures. Here is the birdhouse I recently decorated. It was fun!


I love the glitter on the roof. It's hard to see in this photo, but the sparkle is pretty.

Here is a box that I picked up last week at TJ Maxx. They had all different sizes and since space is an issue at my house, I chose the smallest one.
I keep it in the living room with some craft supplies so they are handy when the mood strikes.


And lastly, here is a clock I purchased for my dining room recently. I love the flowers but I think I'm going to have to embellish the hands, as it is very difficult to see the time unless you get right on top of this clock.

I found another great artsy blog today that had the cutest idea of a party dress garland. I'm off to make some. Visit Artrageous Afternoon for a good dose of crafty inspiration.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Everything is darling, honey!! You did well in the swap. I did also.
Smooches,
Connie

Sherri said...

Joyce you did fantastic in the Valentine Swap! What lovely things!! I like you shelf paper and the paint. It does make a difference when you go into a cupboard and it's all cheerful!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HiJoyce,
I just read back a few post and need to THANK YOU for the heart paper chains that Kailee and I made and I'll pass that info on my next post:)
Kitchen cupboard is looking super!!
Lots of Lovely gifts from your swap. The tussies are so sweet!!!That is something that I haven't been able to make as I would like..
Yours are wonderful.
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Warmly,
Deb

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

What a beautiful Valentine swap you got. That is a real treasure !

You wanna come paint my cabinet ? LOL .

Unknown said...

Hi, Joyce! Found you through Deb (Garage Sale Gal. Looks like a fun swap! Maybe next year I'll join in!

Jayme said...

Hi Joyce!
It makes me feel so good that you liked your stuff! I REALLY loved the beautiful jewelry you made me, and I wear the earrings and bracelet all the time. I get lots of compliments on them.

I think your cupboards look fabulous. I love a good red and the one you picked out is really cute. The liner looks great with it.

Rachel is just stunning. What a great kid you have. Hope her coming year is a wonderful one.

Jayme

said...

Such loveliness Joyce!