Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday

I am feeling great today! I had a miserable task to do that seemed to take forever, but I did it and it's done and it's time to move on. What I have learned over the past couple of months is that stuff is stuff and while it can hold many beautiful memories, our moments together and the memories we cultivate by sharing our time and space in this world, those are the things we will cherish and remember.


Today I am going to make art and I am so excited! I have several projects to do and not much time to complete them but that is my focus and it will be fun! I need to make Inchies with the theme of "faces". What an interesting theme!!



I spent time last night flipping through magazines I've saved for this purpose, cutting out interesting faces. I'm anxious to see the finished product.


I also have ATC's to do with the theme of "Place You Would Like To Go". I'm going to do something similar to one of the photo's in my header, a chair at the beach. Yep, that's where I need to spend some time.


Another project is the new altered book my group started. The book I need to work in is "Living with Lace". I'm so excited about this book as I love all things vintage and lace. I think I will do my page as "The Bride Wore Lace". That will be such fun to gussy up with some of the pretties from my stash.


Last, is a Birdsong Tag Book Swap I'm doing. I have to make seven tags and I will get a little book of seven tags back. I love birds in art and I have a nice little collection of dies that I could use so it will also be fun to sit and design a nice tag for this swap. I haven't done any swaps like this in quite some time so it will be fun to get my feet wet again with this project.


Tonight I'm going to see Bridesmaids with my girlfriend. Sounds like a fun day, so I'm off to enjoy it. Hope you enjoy your day too!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Hope you enjoyed your crafty day!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Joyce,
Creating is os good for us! The bird tag swap sounded fun..I just didn't sign up! Can't wait to see your tag. Altered book with lace sounds interesting!
Warmly,
deb