Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blogging Without Obligation




I came across a blog awhile ago that had a post about "Blogging Without Obligation". I was intrigued and read further. I actually have this logo on my sidebar, where you can click and see the actual post on this blog I came across.




I agree with some of the points in that blogging is a hobby. Hobbies are meant to be enjoyed and done at your leisure as a form of recreation and for relaxation. It is soooo easy to become so addicted to blogging. I feel as if I'm missing something if I do not read my fave's every day. I try to post often, but then I find I can't think of what to post about. Though I love my life and find it very interesting, um, going to work, doing laundry, errands, etc., etc., is not as much fun as what others do in visitng neat shops, sightseeing tours and the like.


So, today I just want to say that I am going to sit and read my book club book, "Water For Elephants". It is a great book and I am very intrigued and want to find out what happens. I have the new Romantic Homes magazine that I want to look at, as well as the new Country Living and also the new Country Almanac. My blog will never be as popular as some of my favorites, but we are all unique and I give what I am able to give. Today I am going to give to me by sitting and reading and I want to get swept away by a tremendous read. Tomorrow is Thankful Thursday and then Skywatch Friday - two of my favorite things to post. I'm off to my comfy chair, but I shall let my creative juices flow tomorrow. Until then . . .

10 comments:

rachel said...

yes, it is not hard to get addicted to blogging. every day we blog together!! and i love it!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Joyce,
Thanks for visiting me and sharing about ironing :) Good for you to take a day not to blog..I'm trying so hard to do the same thing. I bought a couple of magazines today and just took a quick peak at them
'cause I wanted to see what's going on in blogland. Maybe tomorrow ???
Warmly, Deb

Connie said...

Ratz, th' kid beat me again!!!!! Smiles, Rachel, babe chick!! Hah.
Smoochies
Connie
Yesssssss, Joyce, take it easy. I've decided I CANNOT respond to everyone. I'm just too busy being a wife, nana, homemaker, nail hammerer, cook, cleaning lady, interior decorator, toilet scrubber, computer geek and reader of trashy mysteries!

Joanne Kennedy said...

It is hard to think of things to write about every day. When I first started blogging it was so easy and I had so many things to write about.

Now I have to think of things to write about.

I wish I was one of those people who have the beautiful and popular blogs. But, I just don't have the life style I guess.

So I will just be myself and write about my daily life, interests, ideas and travels.

I do love reading what others write about so please keep writting! I love it.

Hugs,
Joanne

Kay said...

I really enjoyed your post today, Joyce. I like the idea of blogging without obligation. I do sometimes feel the pressure to keep up with everybody and it's hard when you've got so many things happening. And yet, I love seeing what everybody's thinking, too. It's such a dilemma. You have a very interesting blog to read.

Whitney said...

it is very easy to get addicted to blogging! That book club book sounds very interesting...enjoy your day!<3

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post. I just put the link on my blog too. I sometimes feel guilty about nog blogging more often. And I only started a few months ago...
Now I feel much better.
Bye,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce
I enjoy reading your blog. I know how it can become addictive...well its not just addictive alone but when reading one blog, you read or see comments from someone else interesting and before you know it you are off on another blogland trip. All that travelling can easily take out a chunk of your time..whew.

I enjoy reading magazines and a good novel also...but I'm finding these blogs are much the same, a novel and wonderful pictures, and inspirational stories and I have learned so much too! Its like an encyclopedia in many ways too. Information will lead me to research or become more observant in areas I didn't even know about.

Now that has to be a good thing? In the meantime its interesting to see how people are doing, and coping and dealing with situations and caring for their children, pets and flowers, decorating...it is a nice place to be.

I hope you have a good day.

storyteller said...

Thanks for this reminder. I started blogging late last October and found this button early on … posted it on both of my blogs to keep me focused on ‘balancing’ REAL life with this ‘virtual’ one. I still have it posted at Sacred Ruminations where I publish just 3-4 times each week, but I replaced it at Small Reflections with an ‘opposite’ thought when I signed up for Blog 365. I do, however, give myself permission to ‘fall behind’ as needed (as I’ve done recently while watching the Olympics). Some days are easier to 'blog' than others, but I have managed to post at Small Reflections daily since I started and to visit my regulars most days. I’ve added you to my ‘reader’ to keep current and as I said in my comment on your Sky Watch post, I’m happy to have met you through your blog.
Hugs and blessings,

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I feel the same...I love visiting people & seeing what's n, exciting or hilarious in their lives...but I post/or comment only when I feel I have the time! I'm grabbing the logo too!
Love you photos on the posts above! Have a great week!