Saturday, September 5, 2009

What's On My Shelf?

Peggy, from Musings of Meggie, tagged me in a meme.


This meme is a simple one. Collect the book that you have most handy, turn to page 161, find the 5th complete sentence, and cite the sentence on your blog. Next you're supposed to pass it on to 5 others, but I'm not going to pass it on. If you want to leave me a comment and share this info in that format, I would love it! It's always fun to see what people are reading and whether or not they recommend the book.

My book of choice is . . . "New Moon" by Stephenie Meyer. Yep, I'm reading the Twilight series and I'm loving it! It was a good beach read on my recent vacation. I'm now onto the third book in the series, "Eclipse", and enjoying that too.


So . . . . to set the scene . . . Bella is frantically trying to find Edwards former home. She thinks that if she can only get back to the place she was last with him, his current absence from her life won't be as devastating. Surely some trace of him would remain and bring comfort to her empty soul. Why did Edward feel he had to remove himself from her life? Could his presence bring such danger to her? She's driving along the wooded road, certain that the long driveway to his house was hidden somewhere amongst the thick brush. She sees an opening and pulls in. Pleased with herself that she found the right path on the journey to Edwards home, she catches a glimpse of the massive home surrounded with windows. And now the 5th complete sentence on page 161 . . . "I shivered".


Come on, pull out your book and share in a comment. Page 161, 5th complete sentence!!

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Joyce;

My daughter wants me to read the Twilight series ...and so I just texted her to remind her to bring over her books!
Thank you for playing along with this meme.
Have a great holiday weekend!

Kay said...

Hmmm... I've heard so much about the series. I haven't seen the movies but hmmmmmmmmm.... maybe I should see about finding the books.

Whitney said...

I am currently reading the book "Live What You Love, notes from an unusual life" by Bob and Melinda Blanchard. It is a really great and inspirational book and I recommend it to everyone!

Here is part of the intro..."It is comprised of stories, reflections, notes, a few insights, a bit of advice. It is not chronological because life has a way of findng its own meaning and message outside the linear push of time. We saw patterns across time as we remembered and wrote...These are our stories, and we share them with you as neighbors do, over a fence".

Sounds pretty good huh...Ok the line is "Killington Peak is more than four thousand feet high and we felt like we were on top of the world"....

Miss you xoxoxo

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hi Joyce,
Just wondering if you got you new reading lamp....I posted my re do reading lamp with the new trim I found in New York...take a look when you have a chance....I loved the lamp the way it came but now it has a look all of it own....I use it everynight !!!
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

One more thing.....I read the Twilight Series.....could not put the books down....the series did not appeal to me in any way at first...a co worker brought the first book for me to read just the first chapter...I was hooked and read all 4 in a month.....love it!!!!!!
Hugs