Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh No!!!!!

Yep. She's cute. She's got a nice smile. She's well liked. In volleyball, her coach calls her "the beast"! Andddddddddd . . . she now has her permit!!!! That means she can drive! How can that be? Didn't I just give birth to her a mere 15 years ago??? She's not old enough to drive!!! Look at how sweet and little she is!!!!! She's my baby and she now can drive a big ole car????? Lord, help me!!!!!

In the wonderful State of Florida, you can get your driving permit at the age of 15, after successful completion of a four hour drug and alcohol test, as well as a written test. She did all the requirements, went with all documents in hand and that Kodak moment above, was my sweet Rachel posing for the photo for her driver's permit. She can't get her actual license for one year, so there's plenty of time to send her to driving school and get lots of practice before she's "let loose". She's already got her car picked out. Again, Lord, help me!!!!!

On a lighter note, today Tom and I are married 26 years. That's a looonnnnngggg time! A good day to get a learner's permit.

9 comments:

Kay said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary! How very wonderful, Joyce. Wow! This is like Hawaii. I believe they can get a permit here at 15 which seemed so young...too young for my nephew but I know Rachel will be a very safe and responsible driver.

Connie said...

Congratulations, sweetpea!! Tell Rachel I'm praying for her on the freeways, sugar........ She'll do just fine, honey.
xoxo,
Connie

candy said...

I love that "by the grace of God, I am what I am" :):)
Nice blog :)

Sherri said...

Happy Anniversary Joyce! Congrats to Rachel on her permit!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Breathe...in and out....in and out. Unfortunately, there is no way to keep kids young. They grow up whether we like it or not. My brother just took his young daughter driver to a special school called "Driver's Edge." They had adapted cars to teach how to hand skids, being out of control, on slick roads, and all kinds of stuff. I think something like that would be valuable for all of us.

Myrna said...

Belated congrats on your anniversary! And thank you for your sweet note about mine!
Ah, the driver's permit..I remember it well after all these years. I'll be praying for you!!
:-)

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary Joyce~ That's something to be proud of these days!

Tell Rachel I said congrats and to take it easy with the lead foot..lol! Cassie went through 2 cars in her first 2 months of having her license!

Hugz,
Michele

myaliasgigi said...

Hey you didn't tell me she had her permit? I work with you now so you need to fill me in...LOL

Sandi said...

Congrats on 26 years of marriage!! That is quite an accomplishment these days! Hubby and I will be married 32 years in August.
God bless~