Thursday, December 4, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

If Santa Claus is coming to town, we best get ready . . . Here is our tree . . .


We have a cute little light-up train beneath the tree . . .

And our Dickens houses look lovely on the little table my dad made many years ago . . .

We have some really neat ornaments, but many of the pictures came out very blurry. Here's a little sampling until I get more precise photo's.
I have a nice "little" Santa collection. This little guy is on the tree . . .


This is part of my collection in my newly rearranged curio cabinet . . .
A doll house - forever loved by me . . .


Did you notice my teddy bear garland? I bought it when visiting my best friend from high school, Nancy, when she lived in Dallas, Texas. I went to visit Nancy after she had her first baby, Alex, in August 1988. I have used this paper garland every year since then. No one can say I don't take care of my stuff!!!

Here's a counted cross stitch ornament I made years ago.

And an ornament Rachel made for her first Christmas back in 1994. She attended the daycare at the hospital where I worked at the time. It was very hard to leave Rachel as a baby, but the day care was on hospital grounds and I visited her frequently. Rachel had an excellent teacher then that I am friends with to this day. Miss Jennifer had all of "her" babies fingerpaint ornaments.

I have other trees and other ornaments to share after my next photo shoot. Tomorrow night we are going to see The Singing Christmas at the First Baptist Church on the Intracoastal. We've been there before and just loved it, so we're looking forward to seeing this year's presentation. I love this time leading up to Christmas. There are so many things to do - so many memories to be made. And that is the special part about Christmas.

6 comments:

Kay said...

You have so many beautiful and very precious ornaments and Christmas decorations, Joyce. I'll post mine later. You'll see why I'm admiring yours so much.

rachel said...

Oh I can't wait for Christmas! It is truly the most wonderful time of year! (:
The pictures of some of the ornaments are really cute, and the little lit houses and teddy bear garlands look good too! I can't believe you've had that garland for that long, and its in perfect condition too!
this was a really cute post, merry early christmas! (: ahaha

myaliasgigi said...

Joyce I love your tree and the decorations you show are adorable and you had a little story behind them Which is so cool.

Anonymous said...

It looks very festive at your house with all your lovely decorations. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

So many wonderful memories, isn't that what Christmas should be about? To remind us of how fortunate we are and how much we can give to others.

I better get going on my decorating, I'm behind, hopefully tomorrow I will be making our house look cozy for when the boys come home.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Joyce,glad ya'll enjoyed the cookies. Your tree is lovely and what a treasure you have in that table your dad made.My kids are 34 and 40 and I still have ornaments they made in elementary school !