Wednesday, July 2, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

I wasn't happy with the picture I took yesterday of my dining room table with my great Marshall's find and the beautiful runner I bought from Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses. So, I took a better picture and wanted to share.





The runner really looks very pretty on the dark wood. I see so many beautiful pictures of fellow bloggers homes and all of the white, which looks so pretty, light and airy. I used to have floral furniture in my living room with light pine tables and crystal lamps. I really loved the look and was hesitant to get rid of it, but we put hardwood floors in our living/dining room area and I just wanted to get a totally different look. So I decided to have a total transformation and go with the dark furniture and rich colors.




My bedroom is the romantic cottage style and I love it there. It is such a peaceful place to rest my weary bones after a long day and it is just a beautiful place to wake up in. I will have to share pictures of it soon. I am a great furniture rearranger and have decided upon my new room set-up and want to rearrange before I post pictures. I am on vacation next week and plan to do some moving and shaking then, so hopefully the pictures will follow.




Happy 4th of July to everyone! This is a favorite time of year for me. My birthday is next week and I always go on vacation at this time of year. I don't plan on going away for this vacation, but rather some day trips. I am super excited to go to Mount Dora in central Florida. Many have told me about the quaint shops and I just cannot wait to investigate! I'm also planning on a little jaunt to the Florida Keys, which is always fun. I am really looking forward to spending some time at home too, because I love it and after all, there's no place like home.

Happy family times during this holiday season - fun barbeques, fantastic fireworks and memorable moments with those we hold dear.


Joyce

3 comments:

rachel said...

I love this post today! You word it so well, and you always make it look good with the pictures you post! keep it up! <3 (:

Hope Go Blue said...

Hi Miss Joyce! I love your blog! I am so happy you won the contest. I'm going to go check it out. I checked out the blog of the lady you bought the runner from. She has some really nice pictures - very pretty landscaping. I like your the pink and green jar from Marshall's. It looks really pretty on your table. Later Gator. Hope

Joanne Kennedy said...

I think it's always nice to have a change now and then. It's also nice to have different looks in different parts of the house. That way you don't tire of it.

Oh I am SO jealous you are going to the Keys! I went on a cruise and we stopped there and I fell in love. I would love to go back and just stay there. We got to stay a whole day but it just wasn't enough. I had a blast there. I'm sure you will too.

Have fun and Happy Birthday!

Hugs,
Joanne