Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Rose Is A Rose

I had a great weekend. Rachel and I had a baby shower to attend Saturday afternoon which was lots of fun. Then we went to City Place in downtown West Palm Beach. It has the aura of a city, yet a hometown feel. The night was comfortable with a warm breeze, a nice band to listen to and lots of people watching. We did a little shopping, a little relaxing and a lot of enjoying.

Today we went to Home Depot and I bought some yellow and purple mums, a pink hibiscus tree and two beautiful rose bushes. When I was a little girl, we lived out in the country and I planted hundreds of tulips under our plum tree. I started out with red tulips and as the chipmunks scavenged the bulbs each winter, I added yellow. The plum tree was beautiful with white blossoms and a sea of red and yellow tulips below. It was a truly beautiful thing to see whenever you walked out our back door.



I also started a small rose garden, which my dad and grandfather added on to. We had every color rose bush imagineable and they were all so pretty. I've always loved flowers. I love to walk outside and be greeted with flowers. That is one of the main reasons I love living in Florida - I can have flowers outside my door year round. It's a beautiful thing.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I would love to live where I could have flowers all year round. The roses are so pretty. Sounds like a great time with your daughter.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It would be so nice to have flowers outside all year round..I'm a little jealous :)
Your cameo's are so pretty.
Wish my daugter wanted to spend time with me...too busy and we have such different interests.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Connie said...

Well, those roses are gorgeous, sugar! Smooches for that gorgeous girl of yours,
xoxo,
Connie

Kay said...

Me, too! Me, too! I love flowers. I wish we could have a rose garden. I love your roses!

KeKe said...

Joyce, that is one of the many great things about living in Florida (the main one being no show to shovel-lol)!!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

I loved the 18 rose bushes I had at my former home. The new owners did so much changing to make it their own, I haven't dared consider whether or not they took them out. Maybe I'll have to try some smaller ones in containers here.

You reminded me how glorious they look and smell.

Sherri said...

Good luck with the roses! I love them and I love the fact that I can grow them much easier in NC than in northwestern NJ where I used to live!

rachel said...

what pretty rose pictures!