Friday, February 27, 2009

A Mouse in the House


Ewwwwwww! I'm sitting here at my dining room table trying to catch up on blogs, trying to think of a creative, inspiring something I could post about tonight since I haven't had a creative thought that I wanted to share since Tuesday, when out of the corner of my eye I see something. Mmmm. Those puppies of mine were awful quiet about creeping over here to get cozy by my feet. But as I gaze into the living room, what do I see but two sweet puppies sleeping so peacefully. I look to my left again and sure enough, peeking it's rotten little head out from under the closet door is a MOUSE!!!!!!! Yuck!!!!! There is a mouse in my house!!!!!


I am not a country girl, though I was born and bred in the country. I am in my glory in the burbs, suburbs that is. I want a mall ten minutes from my door and Barnes and Noble even closer. I am not into critters, though my darling children snuck a pet "fancy mouse" into the house a few months ago. Well, it's the mouse ( and I don't mean the fancy mouse, Rachel) or me because there ain't no way in creation I'm sharing my house with a mouse. So now I will not be able to relax, heaven forbid I sleep a wink, until this mouse is out of my house. Ugh!!!

8 comments:

Peggy said...

I kseal our housenow exactly how you feel. I am a city girl myself, living way to close to farmland. We had several mice in the house last year. We also had a possum in our basement. Seems like our builder forgot to seal our basement right. Little devils ...and they left mice poopies in my closet!

KeKe said...

Are you near water? When I lived in RPB I had a lake & canal behind my house and I would see them from time to time...They do have the cutest faces though.... What is a fancy mouse? A hampster?
I am going to post some pictures if not by Sunday then early next week of a few items that should be done by then~
Have a great weekend...
I hope your little visitor goes away.

Kay said...

Actually, we were visiting with Peggy last year when out of the corner of our eyes, we saw the cutest little mouse go scurrying by. Glad to see Peg was able to get that problem solved. We found a hole in our basement (in Illinois) a long time ago and discovered a mouse had come into our cupboard and made a tiny hole in a bag of rice and eaten the whole thing. Once the hole was closed, no more mouse. Good luck, Joyce. :-) Maybe Rachel would like another pet?

Rhondi said...

Hi Joyce
Whenever we've had a mouse in the house I freak out too. It's really crazy isn't it? I mean what can they do? Hope you catch it soon!
Hugs, Rhondi

Connie said...

Eeeeuuuuwwww, get Logan over to catch it, honey. I like your description of Miss Rachel though. She is a beauty.
xoxo......for th' girl,
Connie

jennalee said...

eeek a mouse.

myaliasgigi said...

I wouldn't sleep either Joyce. It happened to me once a few years ago, I didn't sleep for 2 days until Al found it...UGH!!!!!!!!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I hope you got your mouse out of there??? Thanks for stopping in and saying hi!