Monday, October 27, 2008

Finally Fall in Florida

It was seventy-four degrees in South Florida today! Yippee!!! Fall is upon us! Our skeleton and Suzy Scarecrow peek out through the palms.




Halloween is just four days away and while our decorations won't win any decorating contests, we feel festive and want to share some photo's.

Happy Halloween To You!



Our dining room table with the nifty ceramic pumpkin I made in 1984. The china cabinet will be spruced up with Christmas dishes this weekend so don't look too closely now.



Some candles on my kitchen counter . . .

Can you see my pilgrim family on the stove in the background? I have a nice little collection of that little pilgrim family that I've been adding onto over the past few years. The napkin holder is on the counter and a coordinating towel is hanging on the stove. I have the matching mugs in my china cabinet, serving bowls just waiting to be filled on Thanksgiving and pretty little matching napkin rings as well. This is a nice collection that has been available for the past five or six years at our local grocery store, Publix. They've discontinued this collection, but they used to have the cutest commercials with this little pilgrim family on Thanksgiving. This set was always a big hit with many of us going nuts each year when the merchandise first hit the shelves because you just had to have whatever new piece they added to the collection!


I love the cute little boy and girl pumpkin witches I bought at Home Goods this past summer.



Shelf sitters . . .



My Lenox Halloween tree - I wonder if they sell replaceable ornaments for other holidays. It would be fun to keep this out all year and change to Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter and all the patriotic summer holidays. Must check that out. Isn't this tree great?



Maybe you can get a better view in this picture . . . umm, or maybe not . . .



I've been told I'm a witch . . . but you can't believe everything you hear . . .



I found this little turkey couple in the hospital gift shop where I used to work. I found them right before my dad passed away, which was a sad time, but when I take them out each year I think of how my dear father loved to come to my house for Thanksgiving dinner, so I feel happy when I see them.


Thanks for checking out some of my favorite "Halloween stuff". I know there are a lot of people that do not recognize or celebrate Halloween. It was always a fun time growing up at my childhood home as my brother's birthday is on Halloween. He will be 57 this year. We have many fond memories of his birthday as children and I have tried to pass the fun parts of the day on to my children as well. I've always thought of Halloween as my brother's day, yet we always wound up with treats too!!










11 comments:

Kay said...

Happy Birthday to your brother. I love all your Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations. I especially like your decorated palms. :-) We sold or gave away pretty much all our stuff when we moved here and now I'm really sorry! Ah well.... more excuse to find more.

Connie said...

Seventy four degrees is hardly fall, sweetpea!!! LOL It's 34° here in southern Idaho this morning but shooting for a 68 by this afternoon. Wide difference in day and night here this time of year.

Ooooooooooh, it scared me, chickee!!! Witches and goblins.......LOL

Smooches for Rachel,
Connie

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

We were in Jacksonville on our way to Savannah 2 weeks ago and it was just like summer....glad the temp. has gone down a bit for you....
You have some great fall decorations...I think you have all the holiday's covered.....I haven't even put one out yet....Maybe today I will put that on my list....you did a great job !!!!
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Sandy said...

Lots of Halloween decorations. I love the pumkin sitting on the table; no idea why. I love Thanksgiving decorations too, those turkeys are a wonderful little memory but sad.

I'm glad your doing nablopomo for November. It will surely get us thinking and writing. Happy Halloween!

BTW snow maybe here tonight in Connecticut, ugh!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hey Joyce, wow I love the Lenox tree. I would keep that tree out all year and change the decorations too.
We had a dusting of snow today. I haven't seen snow in I don't even remember how long, in Oct.that is .

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you have such cute Halloween stuff it puts my few to shame. I did buy a couple of more things this year because of the baby. But I love all your neat stuff, it's contateous..

Anonymous said...

Joyce-
I love your Halloween decorations!
It puts our to shame. Cassandra got
more things this year because of the Baby but nothing like yours...it really get's you in the season..

rachel said...

i love all our decrations! its almost time to put up all the christmas ones! yayayay! ahaha. you did good job photographing all these things too, great work! its always fun to see the things you take pictures of and post! hehee, i love you!<3

Whitney said...

Your decorations look so great!!! You and miss Rachel always do such a fabulous job decorating for each holiday! I love the tree..it is so cute!! And of course the pilgrim family! Can't wait till christmas time...you guys have the best decorations :)!! See you soon!!<3

Anonymous said...

I'm a fall baby and it's my fav time of the year. I seem to come alive when it's cold. It's the only time of the year that I really like to bake and use my crock pot. Posole and tamales are my bestest dishes...oh and carne adovado too...simple and scrumptious...
=^..^=

storyteller said...

What nifty Halloween decorations. It’s still in the mid-80s here at the beach in So Cal and hardly anyone has decorated for the holiday … so it doesn’t yet feel like fall here. Hope your brother has a happy birthday ;--)
Hugs and blessings,