Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Crafting I Will Go

I am crafting tonight and loving it!!! My life has been a bit nuts lately with my mother-in-law being hospitalized and all that goes with that. Looks like she'll be discharged tomorrow which is a good thing, but she can't even get out of bed on her own so we need to find a rehab until she's strong enough to go home. That's a whole other story.


Anyway, back to the good stuff. My mother's birthday is coming very quickly. Her name is Esther. I am going to embellish her initial "E" with buttons, pearls and silk roses. So far I've painted the letter an antique white. Tomorrow I'll get out my trusty glue gun and glue away and cover everything with glitter when done. One of our fellow crafty bloggers, and I unfortunately cannot remember who, made a very pretty wreath covered in white buttons and pearls. I thought a wooden letter would look pretty done the same way. Hopefully I'll finish it in time for my mother's birthday and I'll be sure to show you the finished result.


It's so much fun to make something!!

6 comments:

KeKe said...

Oh Joyce, I can't wait to see it when you get it finished.
Glad to hear you MIL is recuperating. Y'all made it through the toughest part.

said...

I'm really looking forward to the "after" photo, Joyce. :o)

Sherri said...

Joyce, that sounds like a really fun project and I'm sure your Mom will love it! Can't wait to see the end results!

Michele said...

Hi Joyce ~ Ooooo, I can't wait to see it when it's finished! I love white pearls...just so breathtaking!
I'm glad your MIL is getting better.

Hugz,
Michele

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Joyce,
It will be great to see the finished gift. It's fun to create!!
Sorry to hear about your MIL and glad that she is recovering.
Warmly,
Deb

P.S.
Pearl helped me with the new banner:)

Kay said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing that After photo. I love my glue gun.