Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Twists and Turns of Life

A little over two years ago, I posted about my sister moving right next door to me. It has been an amazing time having my baby sister so close. We shared many dinners together with our children. She talked me into joining the gym. We enjoyed many moments at the glorious beach talking as when we were children sharing our hopes and dreams. But life happens and things change and what we once thought could be so special, so righteous, so endless, actually does come to a close.

My dear baby sister got married. She was swept off her feet by a man from Tennessee. I resented him at first, taking my sister away from me. But the love in her eyes, the peace in her soul, the contentment in her heart is all I could ever want for her. They are moving back to Tennessee before the sun goes down again.

When I think of the overwhelming excitement I felt as I watched the truck pull down the street with all of my sisters worldly possessions in June of 2008, I could barely contain myself. I knew we had so much fun ahead of us, so much time to bond and rekindle the closeness we always had. How many sisters get the opportunity to live right next door to each other, to share as adults all of life's moments, to sit and while away the hours as we watch and listen to our children growing up together. These are life's precious moments. These are the times we will always remember. These are the memories that we etch deep into our soul, never to be abandoned.

While I know that my sisters move back to Tennessee is the best move for her, and while I will forever cherish the times we were blessed with, and while time and distance will never sever our bond, my tears fall and my heart breaks.

3 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joyce!

What a special blessing you have had! Very rare! Sometimes, when things change and doors are opened for the ones we love, God is trying to tell us a new door is opening for us also. Not apparent at first but down the road it will be.

Love & hugs, Sherry

Kay said...

Oh Joyce, I'm so sorry your sister had to move. I can feel your sadness despite the gladness you feel for her. I'd feel the same way if my brother had to move away.

Anonymous said...

It is very hard for you I can see. you do love to have your family around, and you wished that she could stay but life took her another direction and there is a reason for this but you just don't know what it is yet..(Don't you hate when I turn the same words on you as you say to me all the time..? LOL)