Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Day In The Life

It will be 19 years next month that I have been living in Florida. I love it here. I am vacationing this week on the west coast of Florida. One may think that Florida is Florida, but the north is so different than the south and the west coast is so different than the east coast. There are so many interesting things to see and do in each part of the State.

I had a rather startling revelation today. In the half century plus that my existence has graced the face of this earth, I have never gone to the beach by myself. There is something ethereal to spending time alone in such a peaceful place.



I chose not to go along on a three-hour boating and shelling cruise and opted to spend some time alone. I love time to myself and it was splendid today on the beach. It's a totally different experience to spend time at the beach alone. Have you ever read Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift From The Sea"? Add it to your "must read" list. You won't regret it.

We did some shopping this afternoon and I found the cutest little plate in one of the local antique shops.


Sounds like today it was all about me!!

I wonder what adventures are in store for tomorrow . . .

7 comments:

Kay said...

Gosh, Joyce... I don't believe I've been to the beach alone either. Hmmmmm? It sounds very peaceful and lovely.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a very nice day for you. I think we all need (and deserve) a day here and there for ourselves. A day at the beach sounds great to me..reading, napping, reading...

Michele said...

Sounds like it was time well spent at the beach Joyce! I love that little plate...what a cute saying!

Have a great weekend!
Hugz,
Michele

Mare said...

I totally agree with your thoughts, and I have that book. I was a reader in a wedding, and the passage was from that book.

Sherri said...

Joyce, that is great that you got some alone time at the Beach! My bookclub is meeting tonight and the book we are discussing it Gift from the Sea!

kathy said...

So glad you visited --Love your beach pics and _Your flip flop swap shoes were so cute -- Oh the vintage are my faves -Blessings - Kathy - ga ♥

Myrna said...

Thanks for the congrats, Joyce!
I loved your post...I love times of solitude~it re-charges my batteries!